[mythtvnz] Best type of splitter for Sky + MythTV DVB-S

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 05 Feb 2007 13:07:02 +1300

Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 2/5/07, *Steven Ellis* <steven@openmedia.co.nz
> <mailto:steven@openmedia.co.nz>> wrote:
>
>     Criggie wrote:
>     > One dish, two LNBs, two cables, no splitter.
>     >
>     I have One dish with a dual ported LNB
>     > Or wait until everything settles down before deciding what to buy.
>     >
>     Problem is all of my customers with SkyTV who want a DVB-S card for
>     freeview. Neither of your options are appropriate/acceptable to them.
>

> Surely if Sky stay on V and FreeView is on H, dual LNB (or a dual
> ported LNB) is the only workable solution?
Which "officially" speaking you can't fit on a Sky Dish anyway.

> 1. Splitter with all ports power pass - can't record both FreeView and
> Sky at the same time, presumably.
Big problem - So can't do
> 2. Splitter with Sky controlling polarization - can't record FreeView
> at all.
Big problem - So can't do
> 3. 2 dishes - expense and hassle of installing a second dish.
Customers are unwilling to have a second dish - not an option

At the moment this is going to hurt FreeView a lot more than Sky.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz