[mythtvnz] Best type of splitter for Sky + MythTV DVB-S

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 11:57:03 +1300

------=_Part_41410_13227915.1170629823815

On 2/5/07, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:

> Criggie wrote:
> > One dish, two LNBs, two cables, no splitter.
> >
> I have One dish with a dual ported LNB
> > Or wait until everything settles down before deciding what to buy.
> >
> Problem is all of my customers with SkyTV who want a DVB-S card for
> freeview. Neither of your options are appropriate/acceptable to them.

Surely if Sky stay on V and FreeView is on H, dual LNB (or a dual ported
LNB) is the only workable solution?

1. Splitter with all ports power pass - can't record both FreeView and Sky
at the same time, presumably.
2. Splitter with Sky controlling polarization - can't record FreeView at
all.
3. 2 dishes - expense and hassle of installing a second dish.

Steve