[mythtvnz] More on scanning H.264 and AAC DVB channels

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Sat Dec 29 01:10:35 GMT 2007

I've posted an additional set of patches for the dvb-apps tools now that
the TVNZ multiplex has switched to AAC audio. The details can be found at
http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/?p=48

Sadly the TVNZ changes now mean we now have both audio and video issues
with the freeview DDT network.

1. PAFF interlaced H.264 video with spatial direct which ffmpeg doesn't
currently support.
2. LATM encapsulated AAC audio which FAAD can't handle.

Looks like we have some work to do between now and the April launch if we
want to watch anything off the terrestrial service.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales at openmedia.co.nz