[mythtvnz] two skysstar cards

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz
Mon Dec 10 08:05:31 GMT 2007

Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 17:17 +1300, Steve Hodge wrote:
>
>> The reason you are getting conflicts is probably because Myth doesn't
>> realise that the channels on the two different video sources are in
>> fact the same channels. You should have two Capture Cards setup up
>> (one for each Skystar), but only one Video Source ("Satellite" or
>> "Freeview" or whatever). In Input Connections both Capture Cards
>> should be connected to that one Video Source.
>
> Hmmm, this is a problem I'm currently running into.  But I have FreeView
> (DVB-S of course) and good old terrestial TV as well.  I have two
> different Input Connections (PVR-250, and a SkyStar-2) and two different
> Video Sources (because the EPG channel sets are different).  The PVR-250
> has a lower ID so is currently the higher priority of the two.
>
> Sometimes scheduled recordings balance over the two, other times they
> don't.  For example, MythBusters always conflicts with Heroes, even
> though MythTV should be able to schedule the tuners so that it won't.
>
> How are others handling the two different sources of video?

I came across the same issues dealing with 2 PVR-x50 cards, 1 with
access to OTA, and the other with OTA + Sky via s-video.

I went the hacky route and ended up with a sql script that duplicates
the overlapping channels from the sky input to the OTA input. I've since
extended this to copy the same data to my Freeview input.  The script
runs just after mythfilldatabase each morning.

Doing this means that all the program descriptions also match between
the Sky based listing and my freeview listings (helps with duplicate
matching and conflicts)

  - Wade