[mythtvnz] HVR-4000, LIRC and channel changing time

Graeme Woollett g.woollett at irl.cri.nz
Thu Dec 6 02:58:58 GMT 2007

Steven Ellis wrote:
> Graeme - What in particular were you after with regards to aspect ratio?
>
> Personally I'd like to override aspect ratio on a per program basis. Hence
> when I record a program that I know will be pillarboxed I can show it
> zoomed on my 4:3 TV to avoid the black bars left/right.
>
> Steve

The aspect ratios that programs show up on the screen with vary
depending on the Freeview channel recorded, wide screen is tolerable,
it's when the picture has a 4:3 ratio but takes up only 60% of the
screen or is pillar boxed that's most annoying.
It would be nice to be able to tell myth what sort of  TV aspect ratio
you have and have a set of rules of what to do with the picture so it
fits best.
It should be possible for mythtv to work out which aspect ratio it is
being given...