[mythtvnz] Channel changing time

Duncan Kennington duncan.kennington at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 22:09:29 GMT 2007

On 06/12/2007, Dean Pemberton <dean at deanpemberton.com> wrote:
> The only potential issue with this (and it's not a very big one) is that
> if she is already watching LiveTV then she may get the popup saying that
> Myth is about to start recording and then giving some options.
>
> It's not a big hassle but I've seen raised eyebrows at it before.

They do get used to it, trust me.  We have been using Myth since 0.16
(mid '05 I think I put it in the living room).  We are so used to
watching everything at 1.2x playback that we can't bear Live TV.  If
there is something that we want to watch as we find it, we'll just hit
record (R) which nicely rolls back to the start of the program or
whenever you started watching, exit then find something else to watch
until it's at least 15-20 minutes in.

The only thing I have yet to drum into the wife is to use the
commercial skip button when the notify comes up, instead of
right-arrowing 6-7 times.

Duncan