[mythtvnz] Channel changing time

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Dec 5 22:00:56 GMT 2007

> This also affects me - however adding to the frustration is wife watches
> The Simpsons at 5pm as LiveTV before I arrive home from work - when I
> try watching it later on in the night - because it is LiveTV no
> commflagging has been done - so for some reason I can't fast forward
> faster than 3x speed.
>
> I have noticed this wierd issue time and time again. Basically anything
> that is scheduled and records will fast forward at max speed when
> watched again (provided the machine has commflagged it), any LiveTV
> recordings or schedulted recordings (that haven't yet been commflaged)
> can't fast forward faster than 3x speed.
>
> What really wierd is say wife watches simpsons at 5pm - i get home at
> 5.10pm and rewind to start of show - when the first ad break comes along
> I can fast forward at full speed through the ad break. It seems the
> above problems only relate to actually recorded files - liveTV that is
> still been recorded (ie the current program) will fast forward and
> rewind at full speed.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix this (ie how to I set LiveTV recordings to
> be commflagged along with scheduled recordings)?

Do you have the left/right buttons set up to skip on your remote? I've set
mine for 30 secs forward and 8 secs back which makes it pretty easy to get
to the end of adverts even if overshot.

Another option, which may only be on SVN HEAD (I've never run anything
else!!) is that pressing a number key followed by left or right skips that
number of minutes back or forwards. The normal terrestrial channels mostly
use just under a 4 minute ad break so I press <3><right><right> which
skips 3 mins then 30 seconds so I'm not far off (sometimes requires a

--
Robin Gilks