[mythtvnz] Channel changing time

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz
Wed Dec 5 20:42:17 GMT 2007

Tim Wiel wrote:
>   This also affects me - however adding to the frustration is wife
> watches The Simpsons at 5pm as LiveTV before I arrive home from work -
> when I try watching it later on in the night - because it is LiveTV no
> commflagging has been done - so for some reason I can't fast forward
> faster than 3x speed.
>
> I have noticed this wierd issue time and time again. Basically anything
> that is scheduled and records will fast forward at max speed when
> watched again (provided the machine has commflagged it), any LiveTV
> recordings or schedulted recordings (that haven't yet been commflaged)
> can't fast forward faster than 3x speed.
>
> What really wierd is say wife watches simpsons at 5pm - i get home at
> 5.10pm and rewind to start of show - when the first ad break comes along
> I can fast forward at full speed through the ad break. It seems the
> above problems only relate to actually recorded files - liveTV that is
> still been recorded (ie the current program) will fast forward and
> rewind at full speed.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix this (ie how to I set LiveTV recordings to
> be commflagged along with scheduled recordings)?

Unfortunately no, but record the simpsons, and train the wife to watch
the copy that is currently being recorded, as it is being recorded.
(from the Watch Recordings section, not the LiveTV section) In fact if
she can wait 8 minutes she'll even be able to skip commercials by using
the skip keys (30secs at a time or whatever you've got your remote set
to do)

You could also turn on real time commflagging which is very CPU friendly
compared to normal commflagging.  On my machine commflagging runs at
300+ fps and uses ≈ 98% of one core.  Running realtime flagging only
runs at upto 25fps (realtime) and uses < 10% of a core.

  - Wade