[mythtvnz] Good parameters for mencoder conversion of TV3 Myth recording to DivX?

Matt Poff mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 16 Aug 2007 19:56:44 +1200

Steven Ellis wrote:
> Your problem is the input is 720x576 tagged as 16:9.
>
> You can either tag the DivX as 16:9, or resize the input to a reasonable
> 16:9 size during conversion
>
> Steve

I hear you. The problem here is that the program broadcast was 3:4. If I
select 16/9 ratio with the transcode the resulting capture has the right
ratio but it has black space on the left and right. I'd like to be able
to set some offsets to crop that area off (to reduce file size) but all
the options I've tried (including -vf crop, -vf scale, -vf cropdetect)
don't seem to trim this area off the resulting image.