[mythtvnz] two technisats and a pvr150

Neil Bertram mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 01 May 2007 00:41:34 +1200

> I can plug each individual skystar into the dish and it works fine,
> however, when i run them through the splitter, only one or the other
> will work.
>
> My guess is there is a config issue in myth that I need to change.
> Anyone else doing this that can advise what I need to set the second
> card to (i'm guessing in the LNB settings or somewhere around there)
> so they will play nicely together.
My guess is that it has something to do with your splitter. Have you
taken note of which card is on the power pass output of the splitter? Is
that the one that works, or is it the opposite, or is it random?

If your splitter isn't the type with a single power pass (or something
fancier) then it's likely not suitable for satellite use. There's a
possibility that some other kind of splitter may short the power to
ground or something, which could kill the signal or trigger protection
circuitry in the card.

It could also be that the signal isn't strong enough to feed both cards,
although satellite cards should be of a high enough impedance that this
isn't an issue...

If the power pass is all set up on the card that you want to control
polarity (and I'm guessing you're only tuning horizontal on both cards
anyway?) and that's not working, you might want to hunt for an option to
turn LNB power supply off completely on the non-power-pass card. I
haven't seen the option in myth, but I think one of the shell programs
had it as an option so I guess some cards can do it...

That's all I can think of (bar linux device node issues etc)...

Neil