[mythtvnz] Linux MCE

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 19 Apr 2007 15:27:40 +1200 (NZST)

On Thu, April 19, 2007 1:27 pm, Nathan Cook wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been looking at this for a few weeks and was wondering if anyone h=
ere
> is running it?
>
> In particular though I'd like to know what TV Cards are best to use, I'=
> wanting to use the satellite dish on the roof for the TV reception thou=
gh.
> I've been looking at the Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S2-Plus (would need 2 of
> them
> though), does anyone recommend anything else that would suit Linux MCE =
and
> MythTV?

I spent a long weekend trying to get this all working with a vanilla IVTV
card and in the end gave up. The setup kept re-installing video drivers
every reboot which was a real pain. Plus it didn't know about NZ so didn'=
setup MythTV correctly.

It will be very interesting to see how the development progresses.

Steev

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz