[mythtvnz] Finding a gap in the MythTV Scheduler

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 21:22:29 +1200 (NZST)

On Mon, April 16, 2007 8:50 pm, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:38:38 Steven Ellis wrote:
>> Anyone know a good way to check the current state of the scheduler.
>> Trying
>> to come up with a way to run safely epgsnoop during the night and be
>> sure
>> we aren't about to hit a scheduled recording.
>>
>> I'm thinking that the logic needs to be along the lines of
>>  * Not Recording
>>  * Not in LiveTV
>>  * No scheduled recording for 10 minutes
>
> If it were me, I'd fetch and parse http://backendserver:6544 that shoul=
> have all the detail you need.
>
> I'm in the process of writing python bindings/library to make it easy t=
> write
> python scripts that interface to mythtv. This is something that could b=
> incorporated.

Your bindings would be awesome.

Meanwhile I can possibly work out something based on the backend URL.

One problem though is if the DVB card is your preferred input and the
input is locked with an epgsnoop MythTV doesn't fall back to another
tuner. It just exits Live TV.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz