[mythtvnz] Finding a gap in the MythTV Scheduler

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:50:44 +1200

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:38:38 Steven Ellis wrote:
> Anyone know a good way to check the current state of the scheduler. Trying
> to come up with a way to run safely epgsnoop during the night and be sure
> we aren't about to hit a scheduled recording.
>
> I'm thinking that the logic needs to be along the lines of
>  * Not Recording
>  * Not in LiveTV
>  * No scheduled recording for 10 minutes

If it were me, I'd fetch and parse http://backendserver:6544 that should have
all the detail you need.

I'm in the process of writing python bindings/library to make it easy to write
python scripts that interface to mythtv. This is something that could be
incorporated.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz