[mythtvnz] Multiple recordings from a single multiplex

Tim Boobyer mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 14 Apr 2007 12:06:25 +1200

At 09:53 a.m. 14/04/2007, you wrote:
>Hadley Rich wrote:
>>Hi all,
>>
>>Just thought I'd bring some news to those of you who don't follow
>>the main mythtv list.
>>
>>There is some work being done on recording multiple streams from
>>the same DVB multiplex (yay!). The good thing is that it's backed
>>by a couple of mythtv developers.
>>
>>Here is the thread relating to it;
>>
>>http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2007-April/175526.html
>>
>>Here is a bit of the thread with some background to the company who
>>are partially sponsoring it;
>>
>>http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2007-April/176740.html
>>
>>Here is the URL if you are inclined to donate to the cause;
>>
>>http://mythtvmultiplex.osp.fi/
>>
>>Seems to be a worthwhile cause which would have a good effect in NZ
>>with freeview having two multiplexs.
>>
>>hads
>>

>It can easily be done with dvbstream, and the (windows based)
>webscheduler will do it too.

VDR under linux also does it seamlessly - I decided it was important
to me so installed VDR to use until MythTV had that feature.  I'd
much rather be running myth though, so it will be good to see it included.