[mythtvnz] DVB-S Radio

AlanP mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:41:52 +1200

At 05:57 p.m. 24/09/2006, you wrote:
>Yea not much off C1 but lot's off B3... still tyding up the channel listing
>takes time with this many channels.

How long does it take? With B1 on, say, 12671 it only takes a second for
stuff to start listing while B3 (same LNB and dish as for B1) nothing
happens after 5 seconds or more. Can standard Sky satellite dishes pick up
156 and 152 stuff as well as 160E? Do the B3 and C1 channels carry EIT info
on their shows?

Yes, I'm an utter DVB-S n00b. Sorry.

>Don't like the new way myth 0.20 scans frequencys, one transponder at a time
>and only the one you type in... 0.19 scanned all transponders once it had a
>lock on the satellite and you gave it just one valid frequency.

I'm increasingly glad I'm holding off on .20. Any word on KnoppMyth's
incorporation of .20?

And as a completely OT note, the Maori channel has some good material on it
for non-Maori speakers from time to time. The family enjoyed watching a
doco on Ratana, for example. We never would have looked at it on Sky, lost
as it is in CH30 territory with stuff we don't get.

--
Alan Podjursky                  ICQ 24423014
"Yay, evil evil! Happy torture!" -- Gwyneth