[mythtvnz] NUVExport Problems (and maybe record options?)

Andrew Bruce mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:08:27 +1200

I've been trying to archive some older recordings, and have been using
nuvexport to change the mythtv files into standard DVD Mpeg format using
nuvexport-dvd.

The problem seems to be that when I export the video the audio stream
comes with left channel only audio.  Running nuvinfo on the same file shows:

info for: /mnt/media/7_20060910192700.nuv

                 aspect:  4:3
               aspect_f:  1.33333333333333
  audio_bits_per_sample:  16
         audio_channels:  2
audio_compression_ratio:  0
          audio_quality:  0
      audio_sample_rate:  44100
             audio_type:  RAWA
            audioblocks:  -1
          desiredheight:  0
           desiredwidth:  0
                  finfo:  MythTVVideo
                    fps:  25
                 height:  480
  keyframeadjust_offset:  0
           keyframedist:  30
           lavc_bitrate:  0
          lavc_maxqdiff:  0
              lavc_qmax:  0
              lavc_qmin:  0
                 pimode:  P
   rtjpeg_chroma_filter:  0
     rtjpeg_luma_filter:  0
         rtjpeg_quality:  170
       seektable_offset:  -278318204
            textsblocks:  -1
                version:  0.07
             video_type:  RJPG
            videoblocks:  -1
                  width:  480

I only play back the shows through a mono TV, so have no way of telling
if the file is or is not being recorded in stereo, but according to the
settings for the scheduled recording, and then looking these up in the
recording profiles it says that the audio is being encoded to Mp3 at
sample rate 32000, quality 7 and volume 90% (also the figures for the
video height and width disturb me a little, I'm quite interested to know
if it is worth changing them to record at PAL standard resolution,
720x576 for high quality recordings) which doesn't agree with what the
nuvinfo is telling me above (auto transcoding is disabled for all
profiles on my system).

Playing back the encoded file in mplayer (or xine or vlc) only produces
the left channel audio, although mplayer's output shows:

Opening audio decoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 256.0 kbit/16.67% (ratio: 32000->192000)
Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm: mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)

Does anyone have any clues as to what may be going on?

Thanks,

Andrew