[mythtvnz] Frequency Table

Mike Dilger mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 09 Sep 2006 20:40:23 +1200

nhenwood@gmail.com wrote:
> Buggered if I can get my PVR-150 to scan properly, so sorry if this has been asked several times before, but can someone please post a list of frequencies and channels that are available in the Campbells bay area of the North Shore, or point me to a web page that as them listed already.

Not sure if this will help you.  But when I was having similar problems,
I found it helpful to access the channels directly from /dev/video0
without mythtv, just to make sure my card wasn't broken.   My card
always comes up at boot in a funky state (with weird 1x1 errors and
stuff).  So I wrote this tiny program to force the startup state to
something reasonable, and set a channel.   These frequencies are for
Kapiti area, I don't know what you'll be using up there.

-Mike

#!/bin/bash
# use:  setchannel $channel

# Set input to COAX, set standard to PAL-BGH, capture to 720x576
/usr/bin/ivtvctl -d /dev/video0 --set-input=0 --set-standard=0
--set-format=width=720,height=576

echo "Channel 3  -- TV2"
echo "Channel 9  -- One"
echo "Channel 27 -- Maori TV"
echo "Channel 31 -- TV3"
echo "Channel 51 -- Trackside"
echo "Channel 62 -- Prime"

FREQ=
CHANNEL=$1
if [ x$CHANNEL = x ] ; then
  CHANNEL=0
fi

if [ $CHANNEL -eq 3 ] ; then
  FREQ=996
fi
if [ $CHANNEL -eq 9 ] ; then
  FREQ=3364
fi
if [ $CHANNEL -eq 27 ] ; then
  FREQ=8308
fi
if [ $CHANNEL -eq 31 ] ; then
  FREQ=8820
fi
if [ $CHANNEL -eq 51 ] ; then
  FREQ=11380
fi
if [ $CHANNEL -eq 62 ] ; then
  FREQ=12788
fi

if [ x$FREQ != x ] ; then
  echo Setting Channel=$CHANNEL Frequency=$FREQ...
  /usr/bin/ivtvctl --set-freq=$FREQ
fi