[mythtvnz] channels

Mike Dilger mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 07 Sep 2006 11:17:43 +1200

Steve Hodge wrote:
>> NZ TV
>> not to
>> >>
>> > The widescreen test channel is very nice, but does anyone know what
>> the
>> > extra information is in the signal as if your screen doesn't
>> overscan it
>> > becomes rather annoying.
>> >
>> Is there a free-to-air channel I'm missing?  Do I need to look up secret
>> frequencies somewhere?
>> I'm getting 6 channels now (One, TV2, TV3, Maori, Prime, and
>> Trackside).  Prime is fuzzy, and
>> Trackside is scrambled for half the day, and boring, especially when
>> it's scrambled.   Kapiti coast.
>
> Do you have a DVB-S card?
No, just a Hauppauge PVR-150.  I had intended to get a DVB once there
was DVB... is there DVB to be had?  If I get a DVB card now, will it
work with new stuff that is coming out later?  Aren't there plans for
new digital, but not actual specs yet?  I'm only vaguely aware of what's
available, and I'd love to be schooled.