[mythtvnz] Diskless Frontend

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 04 Sep 2006 22:00:33 +1200

Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 9/4/06, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
>> Diskless or largely diskless frontends are always an interesting
>> solution.
>> The problem is finding hardware that can be a diskless frontend that
>> will
>> play HD native over HDMI/DVI with digital audio support. Still
>> looking for
>> the right solution. Oh and wireless too.
>
> Is that really a concern here at the moment? I guess HD-DVD and/or
> Bluray will arrive here some time soon, but as of right now what HD
> content is there?
I personally don't see HD to be that far behind the digital launch
especially if they follow the UK and go H264 over DVB.

Plus with my current solution the HD up-scaling of the new FreeView
signal is excellent, especially the widescreen channel, if you use DVI/HDMI.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz