[mythtvnz] Mythbackend crashing on KnoppMyth R5C7

phlux0r mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 04 Sep 2006 13:38:00 +1200

Nick & Ann Read wrote:
> Quoting Toby Mills <toby@np.co.nz>:
>
>>> Same here, just checked all my tables but they're fine. This is getting
>> frustrating.
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas, last night I noticed just before it happened I
>> started getting glitches like you would expect during rain fade. Does
>> anyone
>> know of any settings to make myth a little more forgiving of any
>> glitches.
>>

> Interesting. I've noticed those occasionally as well, but last Friday
> was the
> first backend crash I've ever had, and its been everyday since then
> (don't
> know about today yet). Optus B1 orbit-tracking is getting worse, and
> Optus D1
> is due to replace it 'any day now' so maybe thats a factor.
>
> Thinking about it, as far as I can remember while not in front of the
> box, it
> is likely that it has been crashing during DVB-S recordings (I also
> have a 350
> for TV3/Prime). I'm using mythtv 0.19-fixes from about January (KM
> R5B7) -
> what is everyone else using?
When I had R5B7 on my PVR150 mythbox it was crashing the backend
frequently as well. Since my R5C7 install the machine works without a
hitch. I read on KM forums that people with B7 had backend crash
problems as well...

The way you see people is the way you treat them
and the way you treat them is what they become.

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe