[mythtvnz] Mythbackend crashing on KnoppMyth R5C7

Nick & Ann Read mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 13:10:30 +1200

Quoting Toby Mills <toby@np.co.nz>:

>> Same here, just checked all my tables but they're fine. This is getting
> frustrating.
>
> Anyone have any ideas, last night I noticed just before it happened I
> started getting glitches like you would expect during rain fade. Does anyone
> know of any settings to make myth a little more forgiving of any glitches.

Interesting. I've noticed those occasionally as well, but last Friday was the
first backend crash I've ever had, and its been everyday since then (don't
know about today yet). Optus B1 orbit-tracking is getting worse, and Optus D1
is due to replace it 'any day now' so maybe thats a factor.

Thinking about it, as far as I can remember while not in front of the box, it
is likely that it has been crashing during DVB-S recordings (I also have a 350
for TV3/Prime). I'm using mythtv 0.19-fixes from about January (KM R5B7) -
what is everyone else using?