[mythtvnz] Compiling EPG data

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 00:41:00 +1300

>Hi all,
>
>With the hairy EPG ending and my DVB-S cards arriving I'm looking at grabbing
>my own data.
>
>I've been having a play with tv_grab_dvb and the epgsnoop.py script that was
>posted recently (if anyone has a copy of the modified version of tv_grab_dvb
>that Steve posted the other day I'd love to have a look at it).
>
>They don't seem to hard to use, and I think I can put something together
>relatively easily. The output that epgsnoop.py generates seems to be in a
>different format (not XMLTV?). I like that script because it's python and I'm
>happy hacking python to do what I want.
>
>I'm guessing if I want to create a full listing like that on hairy then I need
>to loop through and tune to each transponder and then use tv_grab_dvb or
>epgsnoop? Then concatenate all the outputs together to create one master
>file?
>
>Any pointers would be great.
>
>Cheers,
>
>hads
>
>--
>http://nicegear.co.nz
>New Zealand's VoIP Supplier

There used to be info on pvr.geek.nz on how to grab EPG.  The basics
of it were something like:

NEWFILE=/tmp/listings-$$.xml
/usr/local/bin/dvbstream -s 22500 -o:/dev/null -f 1219 -p v -n 60 8192 &
/usr/local/bin/tv_grab_dvb -s -o 12 > $NEWFILE
killall dvbstream
mythfilldatabase --no-delete --file 2 -1 $NEWFILE

Or you can have  a squiz at a copy of a script that I posted a while back:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/215004#215004

  - Wade