[mythtvnz] Compiling EPG data

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 22:14:45 +1300

Hi all,

With the hairy EPG ending and my DVB-S cards arriving I'm looking at grabbing
my own data.

I've been having a play with tv_grab_dvb and the epgsnoop.py script that was
posted recently (if anyone has a copy of the modified version of tv_grab_dvb
that Steve posted the other day I'd love to have a look at it).

They don't seem to hard to use, and I think I can put something together
relatively easily. The output that epgsnoop.py generates seems to be in a
different format (not XMLTV?). I like that script because it's python and I'm
happy hacking python to do what I want.

I'm guessing if I want to create a full listing like that on hairy then I need
to loop through and tune to each transponder and then use tv_grab_dvb or
epgsnoop? Then concatenate all the outputs together to create one master
file?

Any pointers would be great.

Cheers,

hads