[mythtvnz] Straw poll - DVB-S and stability

AlanP mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 23:36:10 +1300

At 03:10 p.m. 30/10/2006, you wrote:
>still has memory usage shooting through the roof. What I want to know is, if
>you're using DVB-S:
>
>1) Which transceiver (12483/12671)

12483, I think. For Maori and Test1-4, at least. The rest (and the guide)
are 671.

>2) Which Mythtv (0.19, 0.20 etc)

.19-fixes, and as soon as KM comes out with .20 I'll consider upgrading.

Speaking of KnoppMyth, a couple of visiting little girls had a blast
playing Tux Racer. "I wanna play the penguin game..."

>3) How stable or how often it crashes while recording DVB-S

It only crashes when B1 is going through a bad period, otherwise it is
solid as a rock. When B1 is bad, I keep priorities the same and just set a
cron job to start the backend every three minutes. Our antenna quality is
baaaad...

>4) Any extra info (perhaps you have created a huge swap partition etc)

It records to a LVM volume, don't think that affects it.

>I would wait until D1 comes up but I'm not sure it will actually fix anything,
>and I'm getting really tired of relying on 1 analogue tuner.

B1 is running on it's back up processors, IIRC, so D1 will be better.

Speaking of which, any word on D1 status so far?

--
Alan Podjursky                  ICQ 24423014
"Yay, evil evil! Happy torture!" -- Gwyneth