[mythtvnz] Straw poll - DVB-S and stability

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:49:05 +1300

>Hi all
>
>Interested in everyone's current experience on DVB-S and stability. I turne=
>mine off when the first round of instability was noted (was using 12671) an=
>then tried again briefly about 3-4 weeks ago (using 12483) but stopped as I
>still has memory usage shooting through the roof. What I want to know is, i=
>you're using DVB-S:
>
>1) Which transceiver (12483/12671)

12671

>2) Which Mythtv (0.19, 0.20 etc)

MythTV 0.20-fixes  (0.20.20060828-3)

>3) How stable or how often it crashes while recording DVB-S

No crashes since the first round of instability.=20
Been running fine since mid-september.

>4) Any extra info (perhaps you have created a huge swap partition etc)

2GB RAM, 2GB Swap (which hasn't been touched since last reboot =89 7days)

Running FC5 following Jarod's guide, and using ATrpms.

  - Wade