[mythtvnz] [S-OT] Sky parental settings

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:31:41 +1300

>Hi all,
>
>I've just been talking to Sky's customer service department (twice actually to
>get to talk to someone with a brain).
>
>They have informed me that no matter what you set the parental settings level
>to in the decoder setup it will always prompt you for a pin for anythin rated
>18+. Can anyone else with Sky confirm this is true or do I have a special
>decoder (DTH-335)?
>
>On-topic-ness; it's really annoying to find the Sky remote and enter a pin
>when you change to a movie channel that's playing something 18+
>
>hads

I can confirm this. I've got a Pace DSR-2000 and it behaves the same.

It took me 3 phone calls to get to someone who could tell me what was
going on (and the 3rd story totally contradicted what the first 2
told me).  If you unlock the decoder it stays unlocked until you turn
it off, or you hit an R programme between the hours of 6am and 8pm
(or thereabouts - can't remember the exact hours).

  - Wade