[mythtvnz] Tracking well supported DVB-S cards and MythTV

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:16:04 +1300 (NZDT)

I'm looking at putting up a support page on http://www.mythtv.co.nz
tracking the various DVB-S cards and how well they work with Optus B1/D1
and MythTV.

Plus we could also capture any other interesting setups like multiple LNBs
for multiple satellites.

This way as we get more people trying to use the FreeView setup we have a
quick FAQ resource to point them at. Plus links to any other useful
resources.

I'll also look at starting a similar one for DVB-T at some stage.

So lets try and capture the information as follows

1. What Version Of MythTV are you running.

2. Which OS and kernel

3. Any custom mods like specific versions of the DVB drivers

4. Which DVB-S card - make/model/revision

5. How well do you rate the card

6. Any quirks to get it running.

7. Any bits that don't work (analogue capture/remote)

8. Any extra notes.

Steve