[mythtvnz] VisionPlus 1020A DVB-S experiences.

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:58:46 +1300

On 10/18/06, Toby Mills <toby@np.co.nz> wrote:
> You are describing the exact problem I have with my skystar 2.

If you are getting the same messages, it may well be due to the low
power signal from B1. But there is a bug in the driver if that's
causing any significant problems.

> I have heard D1 is much more powerful but now by how much.

The number I've seen reported is that D1's transponders and three
times the power of B1's.

> I had also heard the B1 is low on fuel so they haven't been able to realign
> it as often but I don't know if this is true or not.

It's quite likely - Optus B1 is at or beyond the end of it's useful life.

Cheers,
Steve