[mythtvnz] Feedback requested on an article on Digital TV

AlanP mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 07 Oct 2006 12:35:00 +1300

At 11:27 a.m. 7/10/2006, you wrote:
>PS. If anyone has any good MythTV related news let me know and I'll try
>and keep the site up-to-date.

I don't know about news, but I think I'd like a few articles on various things.

Number one being, of course, the TIMELINE for the FreeView thing. We've
been promised things, but there are no hard and fast dates, only
month-estimates. I'd also like a few technical details (all V, or H?
Multiple frequencies? Signal rates?). That's just me.

Number two would be how well various versions of Myth hold up to B1's
errors. My R5C1 Knoppmyth does not like errors at all in it's DVB-S, and
AFAIK there isn't a .20 release of Knoppmyth. How well does
Redhat/Gentoo/Debian Myth .20 setups hold up to these errors? My
Sempron2600 grinds and chugs trying to deal with them on .19-fixes.

As for HDTV, I really don't want it since it's only viewable in this house
on computer monitors, which don't have comfy sofas in front of them and are
only 19", tops.

--
Alan Podjursky                  ICQ 24423014
"Yay, evil evil! Happy torture!" -- Gwyneth