[mythtvnz] Feedback requested on an article on Digital TV

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 07 Oct 2006 11:27:33 +1300

Getting a lot of questions about the new "FreeView" digital network, and
there appears to be a lot of confusion amongst consumers. For example
most people I talk to assume the new network will be either partially or
100% HDTV from day one. Nearly all of my existing customers have
recently bought very expensive HDTVs and are rather annoyed and confused
when they discover how bad existing TV broadcasts look on them.

I've cooked up an article attempting to show the differences between the
existing Analogue broadcasts and what they might expect from the new
digital platform. I'm more than open to suggestions and corrections, so
please send me any feedback.

Have a look at http://www.mythtv.co.nz for a link to the article.

Steve

PS. If anyone has any good MythTV related news let me know and I'll try
and keep the site up-to-date.

--
Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited