[mythtvnz] Gentoo - persevere or try Knoppmyth?

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 3 Oct 2006 11:56:33 +1300

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 11:39, Mike Dilger wrote:
> I found ivtv doesn't (didn't?) work with kernel 2.6.17.  If you just
> want to fix it and move on, downgrade the kernel.  2.6.16 works fine.  I
> don't think knoppmyth will fix this, because AFAIK they won't have the
> bleeding edge kernel either, and the game controller may not work in any
> case.

I use 2.6.17 with ivtv 0.70 with no problems - I did have a sound issue
originally which I solved with a patch from the mythtvtalk forums, the issue
is now being looked at by the ivtv devs AFAIK.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's VoIP supplier