[mythtvnz] Feedback Requested - MythWeb based Virtual Remote Control

phlux0r mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:23:04 +1300

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Steven Ellis wrote:
  <pre wrap="">Nick Rout wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 22:27:31 +1300
Steven Ellis <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:steven@openmedia.co.nz">&lt;steven@openmedia.co.nz&gt;</a> wrote:

    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Nick Rout wrote:

      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">Not sure what feedback you are after, but it sounds like a good idea.

I saw another project which prodiced an on screen remote - I think it
was a kommander script. To communicate with mythtv it just piped an
echo command to telnet (to the mythtv remote control port).

Not every implemetation of telnet will accept a pipe.

Here is is: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.luckies.nl/remotekommander/">http://www.luckies.nl/remotekommander/</a>

        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Problem with that was it was Linux only.

I'm after something that can work with any OS via a web browser.

Particular focus is for people who can't use a normal remote control.

There should be an update with some gui changes shortly

Steve

      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Yep understand all that. I was just pointing out that it may give you
some ideas. Keep up the good works.

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->I've done a minor update to the design at
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/?p=26">http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/?p=26</a>

Some IE layout issues though. Any pointers on CSS roll overs and IE6?

Steve

  </pre>
hover fix". Basically, you'll need a bit of javascript to be able to
use the :hover pseudo-class on any style in IE.</font><br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
The way you see people is the way you treat them
and the way you treat them is what they become.

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe</pre>