[mythtvnz] SkyStar2 USB remote and MiniMyth

Alan Walls mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 24 Nov 2006 09:37:23 +1300

Thanks.

My KnoppMyth system behaves exactly as you describe, but the minimyth
system doesn't. =20

Minimyth works with a Dell USB keyboard but not with the SkyStar2 USB
receiver.

Yesterday I build an RS-232 remote receiver so I have a work around.

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtvnz-admin@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
[mailto:mythtvnz-admin@lists.linuxnut.co.nz] On Behalf Of AlanP
Sent: Thursday, 23 November 2006 4:18 p.m.
To: mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] SkyStar2 USB remote and MiniMyth

At 03:18 p.m. 23/11/2006, you wrote:
>Does anybody have any experience getting these remotes working on
MiniMyth?
>It works with my KnoppMyth backend but not with my MiniMyth frontend.

I've got one running on my KnoppMyth FE/BE right now -- it basically
acts=20
just like a USB keyboard, so I mapped v (EXT) to exit/escape, and left p

(STOP) on pause, and I just have to remember that the mute button is
menu.

Have a fluff around in vi or emacs or notepad or something to see what=20
button produces what character.

--
Alan Podjursky                  ICQ 24423014
"Yay, evil evil! Happy torture!" -- Gwyneth