[mythtvnz] Myth DVD creation

AlanP mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 12:45:37 +1300

I'm running .19, KnoppMyth R5C1, and have no intention of going to .20,
because I don't have broadband to download everything.

I currently have a bunch of MPEG files created from my Skystar2s sitting on
the network, but these are cunningly distorted in such a fashion that
TMPGEnc, VirtualDubMod, Nandub, and SmartRipper don't want to know about
it. DVD2AVI will open them, but turns them to green mush.

How do you guys convince your windows video editing tools to play nicely?
What codec pack do I need? All I want is to transcode my funky mythtv .mpg
files to standard, DVD-transcodable mpeg-2 files.

Mythwebburn and the other DVD tools included with KnoppMyth all crash. I
think one of them even segfaulted, this with no real alterations to my copy
of KnoppMyth. (I've only put tv_grab_dvb on it, other than that it's
standard KM.)

--
Alan Podjursky                  ICQ 24423014
"Yay, evil evil! Happy torture!" -- Gwyneth