[mythtvnz] paradise cable frequencies

Sam Hadley-Jones mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 5 May 2006 00:31:45 +1200

For cable TV feeds you'll need a DVB-C tuner card, not a VHF/UHF card.
Not sure of the support situation with dvb-c cards but I guess they
appear just the same as dvb-s.

There's been some issues lately with auto-tuning dvb channels in mythtv.
This is known as EIT and it receives all channel listings through a
reserved channel (meaning no need for grabbing XML listings each week).
You can still enter the channel freqs manually if you get stuck - that
is, once you've got a dvb-c card.

Try googling "mythtv dvb-c"

Regards,

Sam H-J.