[mythtvnz] Re: EPG data on hairy.geek.nz

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:04:45 +1200

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:18:23 +1200
Nick Rout wrote:

> If you want a system that is fully configurable as to channels
> downloaded, and has info on "genre" included, see xmltvnz at
> http://www.reven.co.nz . It is a c# screenscraper and works under linux
> (using mono) or windows. It is actively developed as various websites
> change their formats. It is however a little slow and a bit heavy on
> memory usage.

for those interested in the format of the listings generated by xmltvnz,
here is a sample, just gathered:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">
<tv generator-info-name="xmlTVNZ v2.3.4.4">
  <channel id="01">
    <display-name>TV1</display-name>
    <icon src="http://www.gbpvr.com/logo/TV1.jpeg" />
  </channel>
  <channel id="02">
    <display-name>TV2</display-name>
    <icon src="http://www.gbpvr.com/logo/TV2.jpeg" />
  </channel>
  <channel id="07">
    <display-name>Prime</display-name>
    <icon src="http://www.gbpvr.com/logo/Prime.jpeg" />
  </channel>
  <channel id="03">
    <display-name>TV3</display-name>
    <icon src="http://www.gbpvr.com/logo/TV3.jpeg" />
  </channel>

[snip]

<programme start="200603301605" stop="200603301635" channel="01">
    <title>Bill's Food</title>
    <desc>Bill is on a food magazine shoots where he reveals his personal approach to food styling and photography, and shares
 his 20-minute midweek dinner ideas with us.</desc>
    <category>General Entertainment</category>
  </programme>
  <programme start="200603301635" stop="200603301655" channel="01">
    <title>Te Karere</title>
    <desc>Scott Morrison presents the latest news and current affairs in Te Reo Maori.</desc>
    <category>News</category>
  </programme>

[snip]

Note the "category" info, which i don't think any of the DVB solutions
provide.

also note that including tv3 generates a segfault for me, but choosing
to get the tv3 info from sky (option sky_tv3) works fine.

There is a handy web app for generating your command line here:

http://reven.co.nz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=46

It'll give you a good idea of the options available.

Also note that the memory and cpu usage problems I had were when
greedily grabbing 10 days worth of listings. (recommended is 5 days)

--
Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz>