[mythtvnz] "New to list" message

AlanP mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 18:57:34 +1300

As the subscribe email asked, I am doing a brief intro.

At the moment, I'm looking into creating a HTPC. Today has revealed that
it'll be a bit more complicated (isn't it always?) than those flashy
American guides would suggest.

Initially I thought perhaps a pair of PVR-150 cards in a hot-box with a
distinctly not-hot gfx card, but I don't know whether the Sky satellite
dish will hook into the 150. Does anyone know what TV tuner cards support
feeds from the average SkyTV satellite dish?

As I said, I'm new to all this, so I'll probably sit in lurk mode for a
bit. This email is to be polite and do my little intro as asked :)

--
Alan Podjursky                  ICQ 24423014
"Yay, evil evil! Happy torture!" -- Gwyneth