[mythtvnz] Use of category and genre in Mythvideo

Bert Santema mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 16:53:00 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

anybody know how category and genre are supposed to be used with mythvideo?
Doesn't seem to be doing much in my setup. The movies end up with a long integer after running the
imdb.pl script, but mythweb does not recognize it as a category and neither does the frontend
filter. Mythvideo has it's own genres in the table videogenre and that is what I'm using now to
categorize my series when importing (custom perl script). But I had to patch the mythweb-video
handler.php script to be able to filter on it with mythweb (as that normally uses the category
field instead of the videometadatagenre table).

Now I'm wondering if I'm completely missing the point of the original design...

Thanks
Bert