[mythtvnz] MythTV installation advice wanted

Open Media Support mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 17:03:08 +1200 (NZST)

> Jamie Dobbs wrote:
>> Criggie wrote:
>>> They're fine cards - the saa7134 module is in the linux kernel and is
>>> nicely stable.  However it has no mpeg compressor, so your CPU will b=
>>> doing a lot more work.
>>> If you want to buy a new/second tuner card you cannot go past a
>>> PVR-150MCE card.  They're well under $150, and have hardware mpeg2
>>> compression.
>
>> Where can I find one for under $150? Everywhere I have seen them they
>> are more than that.
>
> Wow you're right.... damn that dollar!  I got mine for $119 about 6 mon=
ths
> ago.
>
> http://www.ascent.co.nz/ProductSpecification.aspx?ItemID=3D342425
> has them at $153 INC

I'd personally advise you to go for the Kit if you don't have a remote
control already. It is a very easy unit to get working with MythTV. Sadly
the they still don't have a working transmitter driver for the USB
transceiver.

Steve