[mythtvnz] RE: FTA digital next year

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 11:17:10 +1200

Nick Rout wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 23:29:33 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)
>Nick & Ann Read wrote:
>

>>The BCL announcement seems to imply that satellite will only get a subset of
>>the channels available via DTT?
>>

>Yes I read it that way too. In a bloody footnote. That would be bad
>because:
>
>1. I already have a dvb-s card
>
>2. I don't get any acceptable reception on terrestial tv (ie tv1 etc) at
>my home, so don't think I will be able to get DTT.

Just had it confirmed. All 18 channels will be available on DTT and DTH,
with possible exceptions around regional channels. For example CTV might
only be available on DTT around Christchurch but not on DTH.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz