[mythtvnz] RE: FTA digital next year

OpenMedia Support mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 11:02:44 +1200

Nick Rout wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 23:29:33 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)
>Nick & Ann Read wrote:
>

>>The BCL announcement seems to imply that satellite will only get a subset of
>>the channels available via DTT?
>>

>Yes I read it that way too. In a bloody footnote. That would be bad
>because:
>
>1. I already have a dvb-s card
>
>2. I don't get any acceptable reception on terrestial tv (ie tv1 etc) at
>my home, so don't think I will be able to get DTT.

Well I've updated our home page with links to all the current major
references. I hope to add in a section dedicated to tracking the
progress to Digital TV over the next week

http://openmedia.co.nz/

There is now a PDF on the government website that provides more
background, but still has insufficient technical details.

Technical Support - OpenMedia Limited
email   - support@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz