[mythtvnz] How do I get a PVR150 to talk to my TelstraClear/Saturn cable box?

Nigel Bond mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:07:07 +1200

Hi,

I had been wondering about this for a while, so I just ordered an IRBlaster.
Hopefully it will be a synch as my wife does get upset when I tell her it
will take a couple of hours to configure something like this and then
disappear for a week :)

Thanks for the info

Nigel

Nigel Bond
Tel Mob : +64 21 353 641, Work : +64 9 919 6458
Skype : thebondfamily, Skype in(from UK) 0207 193 2669

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtvnz-admin@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
[mailto:mythtvnz-admin@lists.linuxnut.co.nz] On Behalf Of Nick Rout
Sent: Tuesday, 13 June 2006 10:02 a.m.
To: mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] How do I get a PVR150 to talk to my
TelstraClear/Saturn cable box?

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 22:03:49 +1200
Douglas Pearless wrote:

> OK,
>
> What command do you put in the "external channel change command" box for
> setting up the ircode / getting the PVR150 to send the DCT2000 codes?
>
> Cheers Douglas.

Take a look in this thread, there is an example of a script

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/207363

For which I am grateful and might get around to implementing. It also
has the tip that sending volume up unmutes the sky box. Didn't know
that, and it always worried me how to ensure it wasn't muted.

> Duncan Kennington wrote:
> >> My TelstraClear/Saturn decoder is connected to the Composite video +L/R

> >> sound inputs on the PVR150.
> >>

> > Awful that even on their digital service, which costs $5 extra a month
for
> > 'high-quality' video, they don't even bother with S-Video, let alone
> > Component.  Composite is all we get stuck with!
> >

> >> BUT, how do I setup LIRC to be able to send out the correct ircodes to
> >> the TelstraCLear/Saturn decoder box?
> >>

> > If you have the analogue decoder, the remote codes are the standard
DCT2000

Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz>