[mythtvnz] Sky HDTV to be DRM'd?

Toby Mills mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:53:08 +1200

>What they're talking about is that their HD-capable set top boxes will =
only
spit out HD using HDCP.

Just so I can get my head around this:
Sky will be bringing out new decoders to support their HD service?
The new decoders will output HD using the HDCP protocol, so only TV's =
that
support HDCP will be able to play the content in HD?
I'm guessing there are no HD cards that support mythtv that also support
HDCP (or a hack to get around it)?

So in short what you are saying is the only way you are going to be =
getting
HD from sky on a pvr in NZ is if you use their PVR or we find a hack to =
make
the sky decoder think that the myth box is a HDCP compliant tv (looks =
like
this is possible judging from this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDCP_

If there were a way of tricking the sky box into thinking myth was an =
HDCP
device, I'm guessing you therefore would not need an HDCP compliant TV.

Regards
Toby