[mythtvnz] Sky HDTV to be DRM'd?

AlanP mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 12 Jun 2006 12:29:02 +1200

At 07:27 a.m. 12/06/2006, you wrote:
>Mr Wyllie could not say how many models were affected, but said cheaper
>brands would be more susceptible. The sets might still be compatible with
>the digital services offered by TVNZ and TV3.

About the only channel I want from Sky is Prime. I'm holding off
constructing my htpc until TV3 is FTA over DVB-S, so I can populate the
htpc with DVB-S cards and one analog card for the Skybox, set permanently
to Prime or something.

They're going to be pushing a rock uphill if they think that people are
going to replace their huge-screen TV's just because Sky says they should.
The new set top boxes should have composite, S-vid out on the back, right?

Anyone know if there is a DeCSS-alike for this HDTV encryption thing?

--
Alan Podjursky                  ICQ 24423014
"Yay, evil evil! Happy torture!" -- Gwyneth