[mythtvnz] How do I get a PVR150 to talk to my TelstraClear/Saturn cable box?

Douglas Pearless mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:18:49 +1200

Hi,

I am using KnoppixMyth R5C7 and have a PVR150 with the remote and IR
transmitter and receiver.

My TelstraClear/Saturn decoder is connected to the Composite video +L/R
sound inputs on the PVR150.

I have setup MythTV to use composite-0, and I have used mythfilldatabase
to load 10 days of data (thanks to www.reven.co.nz).  During setup I
told it that I have a hauppauge remote and selected 'd' when asked which
one it was.

BUT, how do I setup LIRC to be able to send out the correct ircodes to
the TelstraCLear/Saturn decoder box?
AND, how do I get MythTV to recognise the Hauppauge remote so I can use
it via MythTV to change the channels???

I'd appreciate some help !

Cheers Douglas..