[mythtvnz] TV-Output - 720x576

Toby Mills mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 13:40:35 +1200

Please let the list know if you ever figure it out.
I've been battling nvidia overscan for a long time.
I've got it down to a 1cm black border around the screen now but I'd =
still
like to get the overscan right and completely eliminate the border.

There is heaps of stuff on google but it seems to behave eraticlly.

I've adjusted just about every setting in my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and =
all I
seem to be able to do is make it worse.

Regards
Toby Mills

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtvnz-admin@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
[mailto:mythtvnz-admin@lists.linuxnut.co.nz] On Behalf Of Criggie
Sent: Wednesday, 7 June 2006 1:20 p.m.
To: mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] TV-Output - 720x576

Andrew Bruce wrote:
> Does anyone have a fully working modeline or similar way of getting an =

> NVidia card (using the NVidia driver) to properly display onto the TV?

In short - no.

The reason this happens is that TVs have "overscan" which is about 2%.

If you've ever run a VGA signal into a composite adapter then to a TV =
you
notice that the sides are not vertical... instead they buldge in and out
depending on how much dark and bright is in that line.  Even expensive =
tube
TVs do it.  So the answer is overscan.

Try googling for "nvidia overscan" now you know the name ?

--=20
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/
http://www.avonside.school.nz/