[mythtvnz] Defining some standard for using MythTV with SkyNZ

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 4 Jun 2006 18:47:25 +1200

On 6/4/06, OpenMedia Support <support@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> Browsing the list archives and the various on-line howtos there doesn't
> appear to be a standard definition of how to set-up MythTV with SkyNZ.
>
> For example what channel numbers are people mapping the sky channels onto.

I use the Sky channel numbers.

> How does this then map onto an IRBlaster to control your sky box.

There's a setting in mythtv-setup, in input connections for setting
the external channel change script. IIRC, that gets called with the
channel number. If that's right you'd need to use the Sky channel
numbers.

> Do people tend to use an SVIDEO or Composite input on their capture card.

I use svideo - it's definitely better.

> If we can work out a standard definition then I'm hoping to try and come
> up with a scripted way to simplify the set-up without all of the manual
> set-up when using mythfilldatabase.

It's a good idea. One of the tricky areas is setting up the EPG data
feed - you'd want to standardise that somehow.

Steve