[mythtvnz] how to best "fit" mythtv to a TV monitor?

Jason Haar mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:40:40 +1200

Hi there

I've got my new EPIA VIA-based frontend all operational, and am now able
to deal with the more "niggly" issues than outright flaws that faced me
earlier :-)

One of them is that mythtv seems to think our TV screen is bigger than
it really is - so there is a wee bit missing from the left, right and
bottom. e.g I can only see part of the first letter on the initial
screen on the TV - and can't see the "Next" button at all on the bottom
right. All looks fine when viewing the system via VNC from another box -
so it must be a TV monitor issue.

Is this something to solve within mythtv, or is this an xorg.conf issue?
If so, can someone give me some pointers? Our current TV is an old Sony
Trinitron if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Jason