[mythtvnz] Minimum specs for PVR

Andrew Ruthven mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:27:36 +1200

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 17:17 +1200, Jason Haar wrote:

> Performance wise, video is great. However, I don't like the fan noise
> (hence my earlier question on sourcing fanless EPIA). They're not
> "noisy", but they are noticeable. However, I can't get the soundcard to
> work on it at the moment - I think it's a hardware problem as Knoppix
> boot-CD can't even successfully say the "Knoppix has finished booting"
> thing it does.

I've partly worked around the fan problem.  I've stuck a 120mm case fan
directly above the motherboard.  It works quite nicely at low speed,
until it stalls.  Then things get very funky.

I need to drill some ventilation holes in the case, which should make
the situation a bit better.

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
At home: andrew@etc.gen.nz       |  This space intentionally