[mythtvnz] Building a new box using an ASUS A8N-VM CSM board

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 17:20:12 +1300

On 1/20/06, criggie@criggie.dyndns.org <criggie@criggie.dyndns.org> wrote:
> > LifeView Fly Video 3000 - SAA7134 based - PCI
> Got one - didn't have a lot of luck making it work with my mythbackend.
> So I bought a 150 instead.  That could have been that my backend was
> underpowered (a problem you won't have!)

I've got one too, had no problems getting it working. I've also got a
tuner-less video capture card for Sky and with my current capture
settings (576x576 mpeg4 + mp3) I can just record a show on each
simultaneously. My backend has a 2800+/2GHz AMD Sempron (it's an
overclocked 2400+/1.66GHz part). So Steve should indeed have no
problem in terms of CPU power.

Steve